Summer Can Be a Fun Adventure for Your Animals Too
July – August 2021 • Vol 3, No 116
Summer is here, and that often means heat, traveling, and noise concerns. Here are some tips to keep in mind when it comes to your animals. Heat can be a factor, so think of ways you can bring the cool to your animals:
- Refreshing kiddie pools and troughs make great cool-down time for dogs. You can hook up a misting system for your animals that cools the area down.
- If you hose or bathe your horse, it’s better to squeegee the water off afterwards so their coat doesn’t retain the heat.
- Special, elevated pet beds can help keep your dog or cat more cool.
- Deshedding brushes or tools can help to remove the undercoat from dogs, cats, rabbits, and horses.
- Keep in mind that grains can heat up the body, along with ‘hot’ proteins like chicken and lamb. Your animals may need a ‘time out’ from these during the hot months.
Read full article »