The First Step Is Developing a Stronger Connection
November-December 2018 • Vol 3, No 101
Animals are constantly trying to reach and teach us. They want to be heard. The first step is developing a stronger connection:
- Tell your animal when you are leaving your home and when you will return. This knowledge is both reassuring and respectful.
- Tell your animal about your day—every day. This may seem silly but they actually want to hear what is on your mind.
- Walk and sit in nature with your animal on a regular basis. Nature is both energizing and grounding.
- Be cognizant about what you put on your animal and around them. Replacing chemicals with natural options allows for a deeper connection.
- For behavioral issues, tell them what you want them to do, not what you don’t want them to do. Picture clearly in your mind your desires. Tell them what positive reward they will receive for good behavior and make sure you follow through.