Bedwetting Can Be Difficult. Here Are Some Helpful Tips
Crystal Maceira, CBP, LMT, MH
May – June 2023 • Vol 4, No 4
Bedwetting is an issue that can be very difficult for parents to deal with. It is something that most people would prefer not to think about, but it is something that should be considered. If you have a child who is having problems with bedwetting, there are several ways you can help them. This article will give you nine tips and remedies that will help your child sleep through the night without wetting the bed.
There are many reasons why children have bedwetting issues. Some of the more common causes are:
- Poor eating habits
- Lack of exercise
- Poor sleeping habits
- Inadequate bladder control
- Anxiety or fear
- Emotional stress
- Stress due to illness
- Sleep deprivation
- Too much caffeine
- Excessive sweating
- Low blood sugar
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Excessive salt intake
If you have a child who has these symptoms, you may want to talk to their doctor. You may also want to consider seeing a psychologist or other therapist to help your child cope.
I have personal experience with this. My oldest son had this issue until he was almost nine years old. We had tried everything that is listed below, but to no avail. I had been using herbs but not to the extent I am today, and he was reluctant to take them. He was going through some stressful times with separation, moving to a new state, new siblings, and a new marriage. We finally tried a bedwetting alarm mat. When a little bit of fluid touches it, then it lightly shocks the body out of a deep sleep so that he could wake up. He was a very deep sleeper. We were very consistent with this and in three weeks or so, he was dry.
It wasn’t easy going through this experience to help my son stop wetting the bed, but it did work. Looking back, I wish I would have done things a little differently. I wish I would have known about Bowenwork back then. (It was only practiced in Australia at that time.)
You can find a lot of information online regarding the causes of bedwetting. There are also many books and articles available at your local library or bookstore. These can help you learn how to deal with your child’s problem.
Here are a few ideas:
1. When your child has bedwetting problems, it is important to get their bladder used to being empty before they go to bed. This is usually done by drinking lots of water a few hours before they go to bed. You can also try putting them in the tub for a few minutes before they go to bed.
2. You can also try to use the bathroom right before they go to bed. Try to make sure that they do not go to the bathroom when they should be sleeping. This can be difficult, especially if they are old enough to understand what you are trying to do.
3. Another way to help your child sleep is to make sure that they get plenty of rest. They should not be allowed to stay up late or watch too much television before they go to bed. If they are allowed to stay up late, then they will not be able to sleep well.
4. You should also make sure that your child gets a good night’s sleep. This will help them to feel better and to sleep through the night. If you have a child that is having trouble sleeping, then you can try using a hypnotherapy CD. Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy that is based on the power of suggestion.
5. You can also take your child to see a therapist. They can help your child cope with their problems. You can also ask your doctor to prescribe medications for your child. These can help your child sleep through the night.
6. You can also ask your child’s teacher to help them cope with their problems. You may also want to talk to your child’s doctor to see if there is anything else that you can do to help your child sleep through the nighttime.
7. There are plenty of herbs that strengthen the kidneys and bladder. Marshmallow root, Parsley (leaf and root), and Corn Silk are just a few. Here at Positive Life Changes, LLC, we have a very effective formula called Bedwetting Stop. It has herbs such as Corn Silk, Plantain, Cubeb Berries, and Watermelon Seed. If their issue is due to stress or anxiety, then we have a couple of effective herbal remedies for that, too. When you order this or any other single herb or formula tincture, you will receive an information sheet telling you what herbs are in there and what they do, including any interaction with medical prescriptions.
8. Bowenwork is a gentle form of bodywork. This is a very effective way to help the child calm down and help him sleep through the night. In as little as two weeks, the child can start seeing results, but it can take up to eight weeks or more to have completely dry nights. They would need to come in every week. The session is not very long and it is a pleasant experience. Fees are very reasonable and scholarships are available for those unable to pay. We are here to help and minister to those who need it.
9. Look at their diet. Have them eat an 80/20 diet. This means 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. We have an extensive list that we can share with you. Stay away from apples, sugar, flour and dairy.
Mention this article for a 20% discount on your herb order. Or put in NLND20 when you check out from our website: PositiveLifeChange.info.